Before knowing the vet-approved homemade dog food recipes, we need to focus on dog nutrition such as protein, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates. Dog food is made at home these days. Homemade food is gaining popularity. Ingredients can be controlled if made at home. No fear of dog food withdrawal. Many people are trying to eat healthy food and they want to feed their dog’s healthy food too.
why is Protein need ?
Ans: Proteins are made up of amino acids. There are 21 proteins out of which 9 are essential for humans and 10 are essential for dogs. Protein does not accumulate in the body. That means an organism needs to consume protein every day. Although the required amount of amino acids seems small. Long-term deficiency can affect a dog’s health and longevity. Proteins provide the building blocks for other chemicals in your and your pet’s body.
The essential vitamins for your pet are:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
- Vitamin B12
Contains essential minerals for your dog
Cooking dog food at home is not for everyone. There are a few things to consider before switching to a homemade diet for your dog.
It takes time to properly prepare food and measure ingredients. Make sure you have a schedule that allows you to properly prepare dog food
Can you save ingredients to make your dog food? It costs more to make at home than to buy from outside.
Proper nutrition for dogs
Just like us, dogs have nutritional needs that help them thrive. Generally, domesticated dogs are carnivores. They eat almost all types of food. But wild dogs make their own prey. Animals eat bird meat, bones, various organs, and digested vegetables. Although dogs are carnivores, they consume a small amount of vegetation to digest their prey.
Feed your dog natural food. For example meat (chicken, lamb, cow, etc.), bones, eggs, and various vegetable foods.
Sometimes, various canned fish such as tuna, salmon, sardines, etc. can be fed as a treat.
Adult dogs should be fed twice a day. Dogs should not be walked and exercised before and after meals.
You can feed the dog with pasta and rice without spices, garlic, onions, and boiled meat.
Sometimes a small number of cooked vegetables like carrots, sweet cucumber, broccoli, etc. can be fed.
The amount of food depends on the dog’s size, age, weight, breed, exercise, etc. However, excess food and a very small amount of food should not be fed.
If the dog has any problems with its teeth and gums then do not let it eat bones. Bones can cause various gum and dental problems in dogs.
Home-made dog food recipe
A long time ago, the same food was prepared for humans and dogs. Dogs ate what people ate then. Many times you will see when you eat food, they will come and sit next to you to eat your food.
How to make homemade puppy food
If you prepare dog food at home, there will be many benefits for the dog. If your pet suffers from gastric problems or skin allergies, there is no substitute for homemade food. Cooking food at home requires a lot of time and effort. It is very important for you to keep all the nutrients in the homemade dog food to maintain the good health of your dog. Also, the number of nutrients will be sufficient so that the dog cannot overeat or undereat.
Just like people, every dog is different. Therefore, the same rules should not be followed for all dogs. Consider your dog’s size, weight, health condition, activity level, etc., and fix the serving size of the food. Six basic nutrients should always be given to the dog to keep the dog healthy. A balanced diet is a water, meat, carbohydrates, minerals, fats, and vitamins for dogs. These foods help the dog to grow and give energy.
You can ensure these six nutrient-rich dog food for dogs. You can add multivitamins to food such as Zesty Paws Multivitamin Chews.
This will give the dog a balanced diet of vitamins and minerals. Sometimes balanced supplements with a combination of minerals and vitamins can be harmful to dogs. Consult your vet before giving any type of supplement.
Seaweed-Infused Dog Treats:
You can buy seaweed-infused dog treats. If you have time then you can make it at home. Consult a vet before preparing food. Because you are going to add CBD to dog food and maintain the amount properly.
The ingredients of CBD are written below:
- First you need to take two and a half cups of gluten free flour.
- Then take an apple after washing it well and cut it into small
- pieces so that it can be mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- A good egg should be taken and care should be taken that the egg is not rotten.
- Then take half a cup of oats.
- Take 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Take 1 spoon of coconut sugar as much.
- Take a carrot after washing it in water and then cut it into small pieces and take half a cup of it.
- Take 1/3 cup of coconut or olive oil.
- Pure water should be taken 1/2 cup.
Salt should be taken according to the quantity of your ingredients. Do not take loose salt because loose salt contains dirt, so many salt packets are available in the market which are cleaned.
Take 120 ml of CBD oil.
dog food recipe with chicken
Dog Food Recipe with Chicken:
You can make dog food with chicken. Chicken is a good source of protein. Along with chicken you can use vegetables like green beans.
- First you take 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Then wash a carrot well and cut it into small pieces and take 1/2.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli.
- Then you finely chop the green beans and take 1/2 cup.
- Mix 1/2 cup rolled oats well.
- Then take the chicken breast.
- First you remove the excess fat from the chicken breast.
- Then cut the remaining parts into small pieces with the size of a nickel.
- Then put the chicken breasts in a non stick container.
- Then keep it on high temperature until the meat turns pink.
- Add all the ingredients like chicken, tomato paste, beans, carrots and chicken broth to a large pan.
- Then set it on medium flame for 10 minutes. Cool the mixture before feeding it to your dog.
nutritionally complete homemade dog food recipe
A healthy dog’s needs can be met in three ways: sunlight, nutritious food and belly rubs.
Everyone wants to feed their pets healthy food. And pet owners are considering making their pet food at home.
The right nutrients from homemade dog food:
Making sure the food has a complete nutritional profile is key to making dog food at home. One thing you should remember is that dogs have a smaller intestinal tract. They cannot eat like us. This same reason influences food breakdown and nutrient intake. Here are some tips to make sure your dog is digesting his food properly and absorbing the full range of nutrients:
1. You chop the vegetables finely and grind them well. This food helps in pre-digestion. So that the vitamins can get and absorb properly.
2. You can mix in nutritional supplements with dog food such as: fish oil or flaxseed.
3. You can replace white rice with brown rice.
4. Just like us, dogs need different types of food. So try to give other food besides meat and vegetables.
5. If possible you can use organic vegetables and lean meat.
6. Indoor dog food can be mixed with a high quality food that contains all the vitamins.
best homemade dog food recipe
The best homemade dog food recipes are: White rice and chicken recipe, Chicken breast with cumin and rice, Mashed potato with chicken dog food.
A few dog recipes are discussed below:
Chicken Recipe with Mashed-Potato:
1-2 spoons of cottage water should be taken
Wash the carrot well and cut it into small pieces and take half a cup of this carrot
Chicken mince should be taken like half a pound
Take one cup of mashed potatoes
Question: How to prepare?
First, combine carrots, potatoes, chicken and mix well, then put it in a microwave bowl.
After that these materials should be heated well for 4 minutes.
In step 3 you need to take the hot ingredients out of the microwave and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
After cooling, it should be sprinkled with cottage cheese. Then feed your dog
Carrots work well to relieve stomach aches and the role of carrots in increasing digestion is immense.
Carrots are very important to get rid of diarrhea and constipation in dogs
which dog food is best
There are many brands of dog food. First of all you need to choose the food for the dog. All commercial foods with the AAFCO label are considered balanced for dogs. Good quality food plays a big role in your dog’s health and well-being.
The answer to what is the best dog food is: Some of the favorite foods of dogs: yogurt, cheese, chicken, beef, national food, etc.
homemade dog food recipes for small dogs
The food recipe for small dogs is: They should be given soft food. For example: Jool with soft meat of chicken, Jool with soft meat of Khashir. There are also different types of dog food packets available in the market that you can feed.
Here is a recipe for a balanced diet for small dogs:
- You should first take the thin flesh of the guru, taking care that there are no bones
- Then you can take fried sweet potato
- You can also take carrots and spinach, but these must be softened at once or the small dog will not be able to eat them.
- Then take an amount of oil like one spoon
- After that, chop these into small pieces
- After that add enough masala to these
- Mix everything together and cook
- Cool the food after cooking
- After cooling you can feed your little dog